“Be strong and let your heart take courage, all you who hope in the Lord.”
Sit quietly for a few minutes and listen to some calming music. Think about courage and what it means to pray. You can think of a prayer to say with your grown up
You can see the input for this lesson on Zoom at 9.30 (details of log in have been sent on the App).
- Have you ever been in hospital? (children to tell their experience)
- What do you know about Florence Nightingale?
- What was so special about her?
Learning Objective: I can find out about the lives of significant individuals in the past who have contributed to national and international achievements.
After our Zoom call watch this video.
Explore why Florence Nightingale was important, what made her part of history and the role she took.
- Write down some facts you have learnt about Florence Nightingale. (Border paper is attached at the bottom of this page)
- You could role play being a nurse and use some of your toys as patients in your hospital.
Today’s phonics session will be at 11am on Zoom. Please see log in details that were sent in an App message.
Today we will be learning the sound a_e as in shake, maze and inflate. We will be recapping previously learnt sounds including o_e, i_e, ey, oe, au, ew, ph, wh and the tricky words said, so, have, like, Mr, Mrs, looked, called, asked, people, their, oh, some, come, were and there
Learning Objective: I can write a sentence.
Watch the video of Paddington in the tea room. Write some sentences about what you see.
How does Paddington get into a mess?
There is some border paper at the bottom of the page.
Learning Objective: I can subtract crossing 10.
Watch the above video and complete the questions when prompted. There is a worksheet at the bottom of this page.