Saint Albert The Great
The Dragons class have been learning all about Saint Albert the Great. They told the rest of the school in their class assembly, all about their class saint and what they had learnt.
- Saint Albert the Great's feast day is November 15th.
- He is the patron saint of scientists and philosophers.
- He studied astronomy and biology, and he loved maths and logic.
- He remains to be called Albert the Great because for his time he was a 'teacher of everything there was to know.'
- As a bishop, he was affectionately called 'Boot the Bishop' because he insisted on going everywhere on foot.
- On December 16th 1931 he was canonised and proclaimed a doctor of the Church.