Our theme for reflection this is week is compassion.
How are you going to be compassionate this week? What could you do to show compassion at home or school today?
Today we are going to carry on with our work on multiplication and division. We are exploring the 11 and 12 times tables. There is a video found at the link below
Alongside working through the video content, there is also a work sheet that will expand on your 11 and 12 times tables learning.
We are going to start our new book this week. Ice Trap! I will share the cover with you and we will do create a word map around the picture during our zoom later. If you can't join us for the zoom the picture of the cover is below. Can you create a list of adjectives, nouns, verbs and adverbs from the cover.
Your second task is to create 3 predictions for the story we are going to share this term. What do you think may happen it the book? Think about the setting of the story, what the title tells us, what you can see in the picture.
Our topic of learning for the start for this term in RE is Community. We will explore how people work together to create a community and how the church is a community. Below is a story of a community and two children Jack and Holly. Read through the story and then have ago at answering the question here:
- What do you think happened next in the story?
- Why was the Castleford estate a happy place to live?
- Why do you think Sister Christine helped the Castleford community?
- What do you think is meant by the word community?
- What are the advantages of being part of a community?
- What are the demands of being part of a community?
- What do you think could cause the breakdown of a community?
- What helps to build up community?
Your second task for RE today is to create an RE front cover like we do in the classroom. What does the word COMMUNITY mean to you, what words does it make you think of? What pictures do you think about. You can draw, paint, use the computer or anything else you would like to create your front cover.