Wednesday: Good Morning Unicorns,
Did you know...?
Only male toads can croak!
Today’s lesson is Lesson 3: Add and Subtract Fractions. Check out the video and the worksheet activity too. https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-6/.
Remember BBC Bitesize also has some great Maths activities and I believe this week they match the ones set by the White Rose website too. Follow: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/tags/zncsscw/year-6-and-p7-lessons/1
Arithmetic: An arithmetic test for you all today. We are now on the summer term set so this is now: test 1. Please find it attached below Unicorns.
A bit of fun with this creative writing task:
See the picture of the frog. What is this frog daydreaming about?
Listen carefully to the song ‘Am I wrong?’ by ‘Nico and Vinz’ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oUPGbRazaA
Can you answer these questions?
1) Find a rhetorical question in the lyrics.
2) Find a line in the song that shows that the writer wants to be different.
3) Find a line from the song that shows the writer is ambitious.
4) 'Am I tripping for having a vision?' - What does it mean if you 'have a vision'?
5) 'Am I wrong for thinking out the box from where I stay?' - describe a time when you have thought 'out of the box'.
6) Can you think of a different name for the song? One that better describes the meaning of it?
7) Which word better describes the singer: 'determined' or 'hopeful'?
Here is the link for the full lyrics to the song: https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/nicovinz/amiwrong.html
Below I have saved a science magazine for you as a PDF – have a read through. On the last page there is a task I would like you to try.
Imagine you could control evolution. Design a new feature you’d like humans to evolve to help us survive more easily.
If you can get out and get some fresh air today on some daily exercise please do – exercise is good for the soul.
RE / Art:
Mrs Harrison has designed a gorgeous mindfulness colouring sheet for you to have a go at colouring in. Please find it attached below with today’s documents. Maybe this can be during a time of peace and quiet or as part of your reflection today. I hope it gives you lots of joy and reminds you of all the happy times at school. We miss you!
Hope you have a super day Unicorns x