The Community Fridge is a project led by volunteers and exists to save food from being wasted.
Based at Wood Avenue library in Folkestone, the fridge is open 5 days a week and anyone can come and help themselves. All they ask is that you spread the word and consider your fellow fridge users when visiting them.
Hardship Help for Families is a directory of support for families experiencing hardship.
The link below includes information about the following areas of support:
- Benefits and Cost of Living
- Funding Support Debts / Budgeting / Money Management
- Pregnancy and those with Pre-School Aged Children
- School Aged Children and Young People
- Moving Towards and Into Work
- Keeping Yourself and/or Your Home Warm
- Food and Cooking (including food vouchers, food banks, community kitchens/pantries/ fridges)
- Transport Costs
- Emotional Wellbeing and Mental Health
If you are a parent or carer, we hope you will find the web links below useful.