Silly SATS Day
Monday: Good Morning Unicorns,
I cannot believe today would have been the start of the SATs week for you Year 6. I must say I am so very proud of how hard you have all continued to work from home – a big well done to you all.
Today I have planned slightly differently and I hope you enjoy the ‘Silly SATs’ activities.
A ‘Silly SATS’ Reasoning paper for you – click the PowerPoint below and work through the questions – remember, they are silly!
I have attached Test 2 from the PiXL summer arithmetic tests – have a go at this one today. But you must follow these rules carefully.
- Firstly, can you answer question 5 first. As 5 is my favourite number.
- Next, answer any questions with subtraction in.
- Can you answer a question that you think is super EASY next?
- Finally, answer what is left of the odd numbered questions.
- Have you answered the percentage question yet? Better do that now.
- You shouldn’t have many left now. Just some even numbered questions.
- Do you think you have all ten right? Maybe test a grown up and see if they can do as well as you!
- Phew… you’ve earned yourself a quick toilet break. Woooo!
I have completed a Grammar paper for you – you’re welcome. Can you have a go at marking it please? How did I do? See the documents below – it is the ‘Silly SATs’ Grammar test PowerPoint.
Click the documents below to see the ‘Silly SATs’ Reading paper for you to have a go at. If possible, you will need a grown up to help you mark the questions at the end. Please read the questions carefully and remember, it is supposed to be SILLY.
SATS – Share, A, Talent:
Calling all Unicorns to SHARE A TALENT – as this is a slightly unusual SATs week, let’s make it fun and do what we can from home. I thought you could all share a talent with me; send me a very short video clip (no sound- if possible) of your talent! It would be great if everyone could do this – I would love to put these all together into a video for you all as a memory of our very special SATs week. Which we will call it – Share A Talent.
Send your clips to Miss Moore at: firstname.lastname@example.org. I know some of you are in a class ‘Whatsapp’ group so if you can spread the word it would be great to have everyone involved.
Hope you have all enjoyed today! Love, Miss Moore. xx