Good morning lovely Griffins!
We hope you have had a lovely weekend.
Do you have any ideas for a zoom call? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a great week and keep sending in your learning (email is going a bit haywire at the mo so bear with us, we are trying to download your wonderful work).
Lots of love,
Mr and Mrs Langley, Mrs Barden x
As you listen to the song today I would like you think about any worries you may have and place them in the hands of the Lord. Remember to talk to your adults about any anxieties you have for the future. Share your fears-it helps!
Remember you do not have to copy out all of the questions, especially if they use complicated diagrams.
Your answers and any workings out are enough.
Lessons this week from: Summer Term - Week 7 (w/c 8th June)
The question and answer sheets are now only found at the bottom of this page as you need a subscription to see them.
Watch the lesson and complete the sheet too: Lesson 1 - Decimals as fractions
The sheets for lesson 1 are found in the resources at the bottom of this page.
- Look at the following illustration:
- Draw an outline of each character. On the outside of the outlines discuss and note what you notice about the external appearances of each character. On the inside note what you think each character might be feeling and thinking in this moment.
- What do you like or dislike about the image, what questions do you have have about the image and what connections do you have or make with the image?
Think about the following questions, note down some of your thoughts:
- What do you notice?
- What do the marks and lines in the illustration suggest?
- How does the use of colour make you feel? What does it suggest about the characters, the scene and what is yet to come?
- What do you think is happening?
- Where have they come from and where are they going?
- What does the body language and facial expression suggest about the thoughts, feelings and motivations of these characters?
- What is the nature of their relationship?
- In thought bubbles write what you think each character might be thinking in this moment?
PSHE and Citizenship
Watch the following clip on tackling racism:
- Describe how Chetan felt in his previous school.
- What would you have done in his situation?
- What advice would you give to young people suffering racism and to young people acting in a racist way?
- If you had to talk about racism to a younger class, how would you explain it?
- Why is it an issue?
Chetan finishes his interviews and videos in Part 2:
Now write a promise on what you can do to support anti-racism.